What is Livant?
Livant is an institution founded by Luis Carlos Aguilar Cobos, M.D. a pioneer in Neurosciences research. The institution is comprised of different consultation centers in various countries of the world.
Out top area of interest in the Psychoneuroimmunoendocrinology area (PNIE) is focused on conducting functional tests to gain knowledge about brain disorders and provide comprehensive and personalized treatments.
Dr. Luis Carlos Aguilar Cobos
- Cellular Biology, Neurosciences, and Cognitive Neurophysiology studies.
- He was a professor of Cellular Biology and Experimental Biology at the University Health Sciences Center of the University of Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Residencies in neurons culture and neurotrophic factors in the UCLA Mental Retardation in the United States.
- Residencies in neurons culture at the Madame Curie laboratory of the Paris University, France.
- Residencies in electroneurophysiology at the ABC Hospital in Mexico.
- Founder of the IINEDEC (Neuroplasticity and Cellular Development Research Institute).
- He is currently the Research and Development Director of MEDELFOTECH (Technological Development in Medicine).
- He is a professor of the Psychoneuroimmunoendocrinology master’s degree at the Barcelona University in Spain.
- Researcher in Neurosciences and Metabolic Disorders for more than 30 years.
- He has presented more than 70 papers in international conferences held in: the United States, England, France, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan, Spain, Rome, Finland, and Germany, focused on neurotrophic factors and cognitive diseases, such as: mental retardation, autism, dyslexia, epilepsy, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder, as well as chronic degenerative diseases, like Alzheimer’s. In the last few years, he has focused on the research of metabolic diseases, like diabetes mellitus.